Wednesday 7 July 2010

"Your weird...That was a compliment."

I thought seeing as this is my first blog entry and its always a bit tricky to get things started I thought it would be nice to make a list of people that inspire me:



ENID COLESLAW
(Both book and film version) For her bluntness, dress sense and general awesomeness. Enid Coleslaw is my hero till I die. "I dont hate all men I just hate all these extroverted, obnoxious, pseudo-bohemian losers." - such a babe.
_
BJORK
BJORK Wrote some of my favourite songs of all time, beat up a journalist for taking pics of her kid and wore a swan dress to an award ceremony where she laid a golden egg later in the evening. Also starred in her husbands film where she cuts off her legs and turns into a whale in a giant pool of vaseline.

LYDIA DEETZ
Merely for saying "My whole life is a dark room. One big, dark, room." If teenage angst could manifest itself into a shape it would probably look like Lydia Deetz. Head to toe in black and lace, sunken in eyes and pale as a pint of milk. Sick.


GERLAN MARCEL
Worked with Jeremy Scott and has since established herself as an accesible and affordable designer. My favourite collection was her SS10 based on legalisation of marijuana, with marijuana print dresses and goggles. Joker.


EDITH SITWELL
Poet and performance artist born in 1887. Wrote poems about artficiality of human behaviour and got loads of shit from the public for dressing like a complete freak. Also wrote a book called "I live under a black sun."
_
WEDNESDAY ADDAMS
Pessimism, sarcasm, homicidal tendencies, black and a bed with an octopus on it is definately a recipe for being generally sick. Her Mum is also a milf.

SIOUXSIE SIOUX
Well firstly JuJu possibly being my favourite vinyl I own, I fucking love Siouxsie and the Banshees. Secondly fashion wise she proper started something, people have been stealing her look for 20 years without even realising it. I also think its jokes her Dad's job was milking venom from dangerous snakes.


ALEISHIA AIRD
My best friend dressed all in black that hates life and loves getting blazed as much as me.


JESUS CHRIST
I'm by no means a Christian but anyone that gets nailed to a cross, dies and then comes back as a zombie is fucking sick in my book. Plus he was trim (even though he didnt even look like that but thats white people for you isnt it) and just seemed generally safe.

TODD SOLONDZ
Anyone that writes a film with the line "You think your hot shit but really your just cold diorrohoea." Is a bit amazing to be honest. 3 of his films; welcome to the dollhouse, happiness and palindromes are in my top 10 films. His view on life is fucked up but so true at the same time.

POLY STYRENE
Singer in the punk band X-Ray Spex. Ran away from home at 15 and came back 3 weeks later due to sceptasimia from walking around barefoot at festivals.

SARAH BERNHARDT
Famous actress of the 1800's. Slept in a coffin at night instead of a bed, fucked everyone and contracted gangrene which later led to her leg being amputated. She was offered £10,000 to display her severed leg to the general public.


GRACE JONES
Model, singer and Bond girl. Used to hang out with Andy Warhol and once slapped someone on tv for ignorning her. She's nocturnal and drinks 2 bottles of red wine a day as part of her beauty regime. She also had Rihannas hair over 20 years ago. Shes 62 but I dont think she look a day over 30.

KARIN DREIJER ANDERSSON
For being the best half of the Knife and for Fever Ray. Everything about that project is fucking genius the music, the videos, the album art and of course when she accepted the award wearing a veil, took it off revealing her fucked up dripping face thing and gurgled at the audience.

LADY GAGA
I know its trendy to slag her off but embarasingly I cant not list her. I think its fucking refreshing to have one of the main people in the charts be a bit of a weirdo and actually write their own music. And of course for the goggles she wore in the Alejandro video and when she started bleeding and hung herself at the VMA's she deserves a place on my list. Im no Gaga fag but your sick.


THEO ADAMS
Performance artist who left school early to sing power ballads wearing tights, spit black glitter and cry on stage at night clubs. He's now touring the world with his show "Cry Out". Fucking legend.
_

PRE RAPHAELITE BROTHERHOOD
Painting depressed ginger women who are in the process of killing themselves over a heartbreak gets a thumbs up in my book.
_
_
Who inspires you and why?
_
Peace out. x

No comments:

Post a Comment